13th Electroacoustic Composition Competition Musica Viva 2012
1. The works submitted for the competition shall be electroacoustic pieces, composed and recorded in studio. They are to be projected by loudspeakers in concert, without any intervention of live sound sources. They may include a maximum of eight channels and should have duration between five and fifteen minutes.
The competition is open to composers of any nationality and age, each of whom may submit only one work, which was not commercially published or awarded a prize in any other national or international competition. Any previous Música Viva prize-winning composer will not be allowed to submit a work during the two years following the prize award.
2. All entries should be sent via internet only in 1 single Zip File through UPLOAD on the Miso Music’s FTP at the following address:
The Zip File containing the candidate’s application should contain 3 files inside a single folder:
- 1 Text file (.doc, .txt, .rtf or .pdf) with a short biography, contact information, as well as information about the piece (methods used, concept, etc.)
- proof of nationality and age (a scanned image of passport or other document containing this information)
- 1 Audio file .AIFF or .WAV format 16bit 44,1kHz containing the stereo version of the piece*
* Additionally, in case of works with more than two channels (multichannel pieces) the audio files corresponding to each of the channels in AIFF or WAV format should be recorded on a CD-R or DVD-data and submitted by post to:
13th Electroacoustic Composition Competition Música Viva 2012
Miso Music Portugal
Rua do Douro 92,
Rebelva – 2775-318
Parede – Portugal